Titlelinks

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship with Valentine's Day.

 Alright, we'll get the bad part out of the way first. I really don't like Valentine's Day. There, I said it. You'll probably hear me complaining at some point today about how "overdone, overemphasized, and over-commercialized" it is. Seriously, the other 364 (365 this year. Leap year!) days of the year aren't enough to talk about love? 


Anyway, the good part. Valentine's Day (despite the in your face bit that businesses insist on throwing at you) is fun. The wearing pink, eating chocolate, and those AWESOME paper valentines you got in Elementary school? Don't even get me started on those.  


Valentine's Day, no matter how much I dislike it, always serves as a good reminder of all the things I love in my life.  I got the sweetest Valentine's card in the mail yesterday from my Dad. No matter how old I get, it's always fun to know my daddy is thinking of me and loves me. 


Other things I love: 


This apron
Starbucks
















My sweet family 


My cute puppy : ) 


Also, my amazing, awesome, super fun, hilarious bible study came over last night, and I was reminded of the best Valentine's present: Christ's love for us. Some of my favorite verses that prove it: 

Isaiah 54:10 - "Even if the mountains walk away and the hills fall to pieces, my love will not walk away from you." 


Psalms 73:26 - "My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." 


Romans 8:31,39 - "If our God is for us, who can be against us?...Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ." 


If Valentine's Day does in fact remind me of how much I really am loved, it can't be that bad after all, can it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.