Titlelinks

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Deals and Steals



Thrifting: (verb).  The act of shopping at a thrift store, flea market, garage sale, or a shop of a charitable organization, usually with the intent of finding interesting items at a cheap price.

I went thrifting with my mom today, and it was amazing. Unlike Clemson, my hometown doesn't have many thrift stores. It tells you a lot about the place- all the Gucci-toting, minivan-driving, soccer moms wouldn't be seen at a thrift store, but call it an "upscale consignment boutique"? But of course! 



First, we went to Plato's Closet. The grand opening for the store here was this past week, so of course the first Saturday that it was open was a complete madhouse. Like, absolutely no room to breathe. But I did manage some good finds! I found a pair of Guess jeans (retail at roughly $130) for $20! Talk about a steal! And the red stilettos in the picture were only $16, and Nine West! It was a little hard to shop, but once the novelty of the place wears off, you should be able to shop there without getting run over.


After we escaped there, we hopped over to Schoolhouse Exchange.  They're known for their quirky vintage clothes and jewelry, along with tons of band t-shirts and records. I found a few dresses and a really nice button down.  I also found those adorable yellow flats in the picture for only $4! I managed to only spend $20, which is a miracle if you know me at all. 


We were only able to get to those two stores before we ran out of time, but I really could've gone on all day. Clemson has a few that I really want to go back to, so that'll give me something to do next weekend! Is it next Saturday yet?













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.