Titlelinks

Monday, April 30, 2012

NEEDTOBREATHE with Ben Rector!

On Friday night, the band NEEDTOBREATHE (yeah, it's all caps) came to Clemson, along with Ben Rector as the opener.  It was amazing!

I had never heard of Ben Rector until this concert, but I was pleasantly surprised! So pleased, actually, that I ended up buying TWO of his albums after the concert.  It was only $15 for two, so I could hardly pass that up! My favorite song of his is "The Beat", which you can listen to here.

I was trying to describe NEEDTOBREATHE to my friend Kristen before the concert, but ended up mumbling something like "Umm....they're...chill" because I didn't really know how to describe it. I guess you could say "Southern Rock" but NOT country.  I do NOT listen to country. But they're really good! They have one song on the P.S. I Love You movie soundtrack. [Side note: Terrible movie. I hate crying.] You can check them out here on iTunes.

I got my ticket with some friends back in January, so needless to say we were pretty excited about it.  We actually had floor seats, which was great. We were so close! We also happened to be standing behind Ben Rector's biggest fan, who also happened to be NEEDTOBREATHE's biggest fan. I think Brenden got his toes jumped on a bit.  I think the guy was there by himself too, which was super weird. I didn't know people actually went to concerts alone? But apparently this guy does.

Anyway, I didn't want to bring my SLR because I was scared beer would get spilled on it, so I took some crappy pictures with my phone. Enjoy:


NEEDTOBREATHE



This one looks really tall because Brenden's
basically a giant and held it above his head. 


One final note: I know you cannot tell what this picture is, but I took it as proof. On our way back from the concert, we took a little detour through Death Valley at night. The gate was open, I promise! There were a couple other people wandering around, but it was really cool to see it so empty. It was the complete opposite of the 80,000 something people I'm used to seeing in it, and it was really ....serene.  A great way to end the night.

Standing on the field, facing the West End Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.