Titlelinks

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Clemson Tradition

Class of  '13! 
  
Last week, I was fortunate enough to be a part of a huge Clemson tradition- The Clemson Class Ring ceremony. Clemson class rings are pretty famous, and I've heard tons of stories about people meeting other alums around the world because they recognized the ring. You can read what Clemson has to say about it here

They had the cutest little old men speak at the ceremony. One man (who's name escapes me) was Class of '38. Dude was like 96!! He told a story about how he was in WWII and his friend and fellow Clemson alum sold his gold class ring to the Japanese to buy food and save his life. It was fun to see pictures of how the ring design had evolved over the years too. 

I remember some of my friends getting their rings a few years ago and thinking it was soooo far away. Nope!   That moment came and went...way too quickly. Guess I'm old now! Graduation will be here before we know it. Gack, don't remind me! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.