Titlelinks

Friday, November 23, 2012

Homemade Spring Rolls

A few weeks ago, I made some home made spring rolls! I found a recipe on the back of some spring roll wrappers from the Asian Market in Greenville. I only used the recipe as a guideline. I estimated amounts of the veggies and seasonings to go inside, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. 

First, I cut up some cabbage: 


Next, I grated some carrots: 


After that, I used my handy dandy wok to stir fry the cabbage and carrots. I added in some beansprouts and bamboo shoots too: 


I stir-fried the veggies and added salt and the smallest drop of sesame oil. The recipe called for 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, and the first time I tried it, it was waaaaay too much! All you really need is a taste, and you get PLENTY of taste with one drop. 


After everything was mixed up, I laid out the spring roll wrapper and put some of the veggie mixture in the middle. 


Rolling was easier than expected, after I figured out what to do ! 


Fold the middle, then the sides, and roll it up until it looks like a spring roll! 


After I got them all rolled, I laid them out on a baking sheet until I could fry them. 


The recipe said to deep fry them, but I just can't bring myself to deep fry something. Instead I put some oil in the bottom of a frying pan and rolled them around in that until the outside was crispy. It may not have actually been that much healthier, but it made me feel better about myself! 


Finally, they were finished! I was very proud with the result. Next time I might find a better way to cook them, because I'm still not crazy about the frying. But they sure were good! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.