Titlelinks

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cinnamon Twists

Last week, after I finished up exams, I knew I needed to reward myself. So I roped my roommate into helping me make these bad boys: 

Beautiful, no? They're also probably the easiest dessert you can make. Cinnamon twists are the very first thing I learned to make in my middle school home-ec class, and I still stand by them when I want a fast, easy, dessert. 

First, get a roll or two of Pillsbury (or any brand) crescent rolls, and separate the rolls individually. 


Next, roll them out into a "snake" and twist them into a pretzel knot. Basically, tie a knot in them. Not hard, I promise. 


After that, melt 2 or 3 tablespoons butter and mix together some cinnamon sugar. I think the standard amount is 1 tbsp cinnamon for every cup of sugar. We just eyeballed it and it turned out fine. 

Roll the dough knots in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar. Be sure to get it coated all the way! 


Then place them on a pan with room to exapnd, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. The crescent roll package says 375, but I found that 350 makes the softer and the bottoms don't get crispy. 


After 10 minutes, voila! A perfect, flaky snack. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.