Titlelinks

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hiking Yellow Branch Falls



On Saturday, Brenden and I went hiking at Yellow Branch Falls in Sumter National Forest.  Our original plan was to go hike somewhere nearby, but we never found the trail we were looking for because the website's only address was that of the ranger station. But eventually we stumbled on the Yellow Branch trail.
To me, this was the perfect trail. Not too long, not too short, and a beautiful waterfall at the end. All of these pictures were taken with my Canon TX, 400 speed film.
Brenden at the start of the hike

The waterfall!

We walked across this at the bottom of the falls...
...To get to this cool bench! It gave us a perfect view of the falls.
Brenden on the bench
Over Thanksgiving break, I went to REI and finally bought the hiking boots I've been drooling over! Let me tell you, they are worth every penny. The waterproof version is perfect for me- to even to get to the waterfall we had to jump across rocks in the water at the bottom of the falls. I didn't even realize until I was about to buy them, but they are just the tiny girl version of Brenden's hiking boots! Twins!
Matching boots!

 Me in comparison to the falls
Brenden in front of the falls         




One of my favorite parts of the whole day was on the way home. We were driving through the booming metropolis of Walhalla, SC when we spotted two grown men driving through downtown on their four-wheelers, decorated with Christmas lights and ....deer. Keepin' it classy.




Note: The deer picture was taken through the window of a moving car with a film camera. Heck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.