Titlelinks

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tea Time

I really love tea. Two years ago I never would have considered myself a tea drinker, but there's just something about it now that I can't live without.

My love of tea started when I was sick a few years ago, and my boyfriend suggested I try some peppermint tea. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship (me and tea, that is). Peppermint is still my favorite. The first summer I spent in Washington, D.C. I went into a Teavana and it was heaven. [We don't have those in South Carolina... typical.] But for a year after that, I lusted after this delicious and expensive tea. Finally, I worked up the nerve to go buy some and I haven't been the same since.

I think the taste and health benefits of tea are great, but I think it's the ritual of making the tea that I really like.    I like boiling the water, scooping out the tea leaves, and putting them in my strainer (or my new Teavana PerfecTea Maker! Yay Christmas presents!) and letting it steep to perfection. I like pouring it into my little china teapot and holding the lid on while I pour the tea. I like sitting at the kitchen table reading Tolstoy in the mornings before everyone is awake and enjoying the quiet.



Yeah, I love tea.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.