Titlelinks

Monday, March 25, 2013

I got inked!


In case you missed it, I got a tattoo! Yes, it's real. No, it's not going to come off. Ever. 

I know a lot of people are offended by tattoos, so you better watch out. I'm probably gonna go rob a bank and kick some babies now. 

But seriously, this wasn't some impulse decision (like 99% of my other decisions) and I'm very happy with it. In case you're in the market for one of your own, I'd recommend The Cherry Bomb in Clemson. Two brothers own it, and they are fantastic! 

And because I know you're wondering:

Did it hurt? Actually, not really. I'm the biggest wimp ever and the pain was what I was most worried about. It really just felt like sandpaper being rubbed on my skin. It didn't hurt much during the process, but it did burn a good bit afterword. Kinda like the burning from getting your ears pierced.

How does it heal?  In my young and naive mind, I always pictured getting a tattoo, and it just being there. Actually, there's a little more to it! Because the ink gets injected a few layers down in the skin, it leaves a nice little wound. It heals a lot like a sunburn- burning, then peeling, then itching. The whole process takes a week or two. 

But how is it going to look when you're old? Well, it's gonna look a lot like a tattoo of 3 birds. I really don't see a problem with it! My sweet little grampa said "but now you can't wear a bathing suit anymore!" Funny, I think I'll be even more excited to wear tank tops and bathing suits now...just so I can show it off! 

What do the birds mean? No particular reason, really. I just like birds. Actually, that's a lie. I like birds as decoration. I hate birds in real life. I guess that makes it an ironic tattoo? That probably makes me a hipster.  

2 comments:

  1. http://www.putabirdonit.com

    Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's awesome! It pretty much sums up my life. People keep telling me to watch that show...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.