Titlelinks

Monday, March 11, 2013

Message On A Bottle

I've been so busy with work and homework lately I haven't had time to do as much sewing/crafting as I'd like, but I did manage to find time this weekend to do one quick project. 

I've seen painted bottles, but I wanted to do something a little different. I decided to Mod Podge newspaper around some glass bottles and I think it turned out very well!

Finished product

First, find some glass bottles. They have tons at your everyday craft store, or you can use an old wine bottle. Craft stores will probably have more fun colors, but it depends on the look you're going for. My green one is my favorite. 


Next, cut out some strips of newspaper. I used the New York Times because my alternative was some small town newspaper from Middle of Nowhere, SC (No. Just no.) Make sure your strips aren't too big, because you'll need them to fit properly around the bottle without bunching up. 


After that, put a thin layer of Mod Podge on the bottle where you're about to put the newspaper. You also might want to coat the back of the newspaper, just to make sure it's sticky enough.


Repeat until your bottle is covered in newspaper strips. I found that working from the bottom up is easiest, because when it gets smaller at the top you'll need to fold the newspaper over so it doesn't stick out.

Once it's covered, put another layer of Mod Podge on top to seal it, and let it dry overnight.


After it's dry, it should look something like this! I'm gonna use mine as a coffee table centerpiece, and probably stick a few (fake) flowers in each one. Daisies would be cute!

Ta-Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.