Titlelinks

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Minnie Mouse Skirt

My next sewing project was making a skirt. I found the perfect red/white polka dot fabric- it reminds me of Minnie Mouse! 

I only used 2 yards of fabric, but I had to teach myself how to sew a french seam- a seam where it's hidden on both sides. It actually wasn't too hard!


I also had to teach myself how to sew a waistband (with elastic!) and how to sew a hem. The most important thing is ironing the fabric down before you sew. It held it in place and made it much easier to know where I was going. 


Overall, the skirt only took about an hour too make. After all, it is called "The One Hour Skirt" in my Sewing In A Straight Line book by Brett Bara. She's awesome, and I'd recommend her books and online tutorials to anyone who wants to sew. 


 Sewing is becoming such a fun hobby! If you have any recommendations for easy projects, please let me know! I'm dying to learn more :)
Ta da!

I made this! I actually made something!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so impressive. And adorable. Seeing all your sewing skills makes me want to get a sewing machine pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the best part is, I have no idea what I'm doing! But it seems to be working out. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.