Titlelinks

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

No offense, but...

" No offense, but your sister is obnoxious"

" No offense, but your hair looks like a toddler styled it"

" No offense, but you smell kind of like a goat"

I strongly dislike the phrase "no offense". If you have to preface what you're saying with a disclaimer of no offense, then obviously you mean offense!

When someone says "no offense" to me, I automatically take what they're saying as their true feelings...they just needed a nicer way to say it. Kind of like everyone's favorite phrase "bless her heart".

Sorry not sorry guys. I think we should stop using "no offense" as a Get Out of Jail Free card, and just stop saying mean things to each other.

No offense. 

1 comment:

  1. No offense, but how dare you propose such an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.