Titlelinks

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sushi

On Monday, Melissa and I made sushi for dinner!  It's way easier than it sounds, but we did keep it vegetarian and leave out the fish. 


We chopped up some avocado, green onions, carrots, and apples. Yes, apples! They added a nice bit of crunch and a small bit of sweetness without being overpowering. 

Look at her pretty nails!
Next we laid out a sheet of seaweed, then spread the rice over it. Don't spread the rice all the way to the edge, it'll be easier to roll.


After that, we spread out some cream cheese and added the stuffing. The first time I had cream cheese in a sushi roll was in the Shallow Ford roll. Let me tell you- it was LIFE CHANGING. 


Then rolling! I'd recommend cutting with a serrated knife, so everything doesn't squish out the sides. 

So much sushi! 

We made a ton because it was so easy, and it was dang good! I wouldn't just try to go make sushi willy nilly though- there are certain things we had to do to the rice first, so if you want to try it do your research. I'd like to try it with some crab meat next time, but I think the first time was an overall success.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.