Titlelinks

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Favorite Spinach Dip

Looking for a new recipe to take to a party? I love this dip and I just had to share! 


I found the recipe from Wolfgang Puck or someone on the Food Network. I don't use the original for more than inspiration, but here it is if you want it. 

1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
1 1/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1/3 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

So yeah, that recipe's nice and all but here's what I really do: 

1 cup A crap ton of thawed, chopped frozen fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup a heaping spoonful or two sour cream
1/4 cup a heaping spoonful or two mayo
1/3 cup you can never have too much grated parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes  I don't do spicy 
1/4 tsp. a pinch salt
1/4 tsp a pinch garlic powder


First, chop your spinach into teeny tiny bits and boil it. If you use frozen spinach, it'll be soft once it's thawed but if it's fresh boiling it will make it okay to use in the dip. It kind of looks gross, I know, but it has to be cooked. No real time limit here, just boil it until it looks squishy. 


After the spinach is cooked, use a colander to drain it. I'd also recommend pressing the spinach in the colander to squeeze out the extra water.

While the spinach is boiling, heat your cream cheese in a microwave bowl until it's soft. Add all the other ingredients after that.  I never really measure anymore because with something like this it doesn't really matter! 



The finished product should look something like this! It's so easy to make and is always a hit at gatherings. Serve it warm with some tortilla chips. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.