Titlelinks

Friday, April 5, 2013

No one to blame but myself.

The last 10 days have been the worst of the semester, as evidenced by the dark circles under my eyes and the absence of blog posts.

I went home for Easter weekend, and once I got working on homework I knew there was no way I'd make it back to Clemson Sunday night. So I drove straight from Rock Hill to campus for class Monday morning, and took 2 days off of work to finish my mounds of Russian studying/Sociology writing/research proposal writing/ FREAKING EPORTFOLIO FIXING.

After a mocha and some revision help from Brenden, I finally finished my Sociology paper.  The professor instructed us to submit our papers viaTurnItIn. If you haven't heard of it, it's an online...thingy.... that tells your professor if you plagiarized. For some reason, Microsoft Word hates me and wouldn't let me submit in the format that I wanted (probably because I've moved to the dark side and switched to Apple products). So, I had to submit like, 4 times. Cue panic attack. I emailed my professor and signed it "Sorry I'm an idiot." Not my finest moment.

During all of this, I realized I had no one to blame but myself. Of course, I had all semester to write this paper, and the whole time I was kicking myself for not writing it sooner. It just snuck up on me while I was busy galavanting about Charlestonsewing and playing with puppies? Yeah, we'll go with that. I guess I learned my lesson- I am ultimately responsible for my own torture.

It's all downhill from here. T- 34 days until graduation.

Side note: This is where my bathoom mirror used to be.           It fell off the wall in the middle of the night last night and scared me to death. Luckily it didn't shatter into a million tiny pieces.  I didn't even know that could happen? Whatever sort of gorilla goo that was holding it up did NOT work. But hey, I can totally not blame myself for this one! Phew. Please come soon Mr. Maintenance Man. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.