Titlelinks

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Homemade Apple Chips


Hello again! No craft tutorial today, but here's a delicious snack you can make! Have you ever seen those fruit chips at Trader Joe's that are amazing and amazingly expensive? They're great, but here's one that's better (and cheaper!) I originally found this recipe from Big Girls Small Kitchen, but changed it a little. 

1. Preheat your oven to 225. Find an apple or two. One apple makes A LOT so unless you're making chips for a big group, you'll only need a few. 

2. Core and slice, with a mandolin if you have one. I didn't even know what a mandolin was until a few weeks ago, so it shouldn't surprise you that I didn't have one. There was a mandolin-type thingy on the side of Melissa's cheese grater that I borrowed (thanks roomie!) and that worked just fine. My slices are a lot uglier than the original picture, but hey, food is food. 

3. Lay out the slices on a baking sheet. Important: The original post said to use parchment paper on the baking sheet, but I didn't have any so i just went without. I mean, it technically worked....but they were just a little sticky. So learn from my mistake. I highly recommend the parchment paper. 

4. Sprinkle powdered sugar and cinnamon over the apples.  I didn't measure this, but I just used enough to cover them. It's really up to you. The recipe called for cumin, which was weird, but hey if you're into that then go for it! 

5. Bake at 225 (or as low as your oven will go) for 1.5 hours. This will vary depending on your oven, so keep an eye on them. Let them cool when they're done, and enjoy! 

If you happen to try it, let me know how it turns out! 















2 comments:

  1. Those look delish!

    Shannon
    clothesandquotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I highly recommend this recipe. Try it out!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.