Titlelinks

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

If I get struck down by lightning, this is why.

A while ago, I saw some music wall art on Pinterest (original link), and really loved the idea of using music to decorate. The original artist printed out a giant sheet of music at Staples, but if you know me, you know I'm not into putting that kind of effort in on a project. Soooo, here's my version: 




Rachel's parents had an old church hymnal lying around (Thanks Crofts!) and said we could use it for art projects. I knew it would be perfect for my canvas. 




I started by ripping out pages of music. I felt a little guilty doing this, but I just told myself that Jesus probably likes art, especially art made of songs about Him.  Forgive me Father, for I have crafted.  I did some big pieces and some small pieces, and had a nice little pile to use when I was finished. 




I didn't have a plan for this (do I ever?), so I thought I'd just see what happens.  I used my trusty Mod Podge to make the pieces stick. I put down a layer of glue where the piece was going to go, stuck it, and put another layer on top. I did this until the entire canvas was covered. 




When I was finished, I did one final top coat to seal everything in and give it a glossy finish.  I like the eclectic look of the music pieces, rather than one uniform sheet.  When I put the Mod Podge on, it yellowed the pages a bit, and I like that antique feel too. This is definitely something I'll hang on my wall. 



The Cost?
Canvas: $5 for a 2 pack (You'll see what I did with the other one soon!)
Music: Free
I already had the Mod Podge, so I guess that was free too.

Any ideas for what I can do next? I'm open to suggestions! Leave a comment and let me know! 


 I'm linking up with The Winthrop Chronicles for this one. Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.