Titlelinks

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pretty Up Your Place.


Last week, I found a cute little glass vase at the thrift store. Best part? It was 25 cents. I couldn't have  a plain vase in my apartment though (gasp!) so I decided to spruce it up with some paint. 

I wasn't really sure what I wanted when I started, so I just started pouring paint in the vase. I chose white, swirled it around, and added a little purple. 


Swirling got old after a while, so I took a spongy paintbrush and swirled it around inside.  The brush had Mod Podge crusted in it (thanks Rachel), so I used that to my advantage to make the lines around it! 


I had to go over it a few times to get the lines straight and the way I wanted. I like the way the colors blended together.


I couldn't just have an empty vase sitting around though! And it's kind of a mini-vase, so real flowers just won't do. So I went to my trusty Hobby Lobby and got some flowers. I normally don't do fake flowers, but these aren't half bad! They seemed like a better option than real ones.  I'm happy with it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.