Titlelinks

Monday, May 27, 2013

Thrift Store Repurpose.

Now that it's "summer" Rachel and I have done a TON of crafting. I put summer in quotes because we are both working, but it does mean that we can spend our weekends doing cool projects! Yesterday, we spent all afternoon making things. It was a grand time! 

Rachel got 2 of the same mini wine glasses like I did for this DIY, also for 50 cents each! On the first one, she used shells that she found on the beach in Charleston, and the second she used mini buttons and rhinestones. 

The shells are hot glued in the glass so they won't move, but the tea light is interchangeable! I think the button one would look adorable in a little girl's room. 



One of my projects was to update this frame. Clemson's gift to the senior class was a very pretty picture of a tiger's eye and I wanted to frame it. In case you've never gone frame shopping, nice ones are really expensive! I found this one at the thrift store for $2, and I knew I could make it work. 

Ugly. 

The brown was really terrible with the tiger picture, so I decided to paint it black (paint is 57 cents at Walmart, you guys. No excuses.) The first coat of black looked almost like a wood stain, but because I wanted a solid black I let it dry and did another coat. 

Slightly better... 
I LOVE the way this turned out. I think the black really brings out the stripes in the tiger. Thanks Clemson!  

Perfect! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.