Titlelinks

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Homemade Pizza Bites!




Remember these things? I used to love them! But now I think frozen foods are icky... 




Luckily, a few weeks ago, Rachel found a recipe from "The Girl Who Ate Everything" for homemade pizza rolls! They sounded easy AND delicious, so we had to try it out! 

I'm always for taking short cuts and making life easier, so we started out with some refrigerated pizza dough, rolled it out into a thin layer, and sliced it into squares. Our squares were not even at all, so a few pizza rolls were small and a few were big, but it's all the same on the inside! 


Don't forget to flour your counter! 

The original recipe called for diced mozzarella, but we had shredded. I feel like shredded cheese will melt better inside the dough pocket anyway.  I would've liked to add some cool toppings like peppers or even make it hawaiian with ham and pineapple, but we made these on short notice and just used pepperoni and cheese. 




After the toppings are laid out, fold it over and pinch the edges.  A lot of times when working with dough you'll need to use an egg wash to seal it and press with a fork, but I didn't have any trouble getting the edges to stick. 

Fold! 
 After they were folded, we melted butter and brushed it on top so it could brown in the oven.  We also sprinkled on garlic powder and Italian seasoning.  The original recipe says to mix it up in a ramekin. I don't even know what a ramekin is, but trust me, a normal bowl does just fine. After that, sprinkle on extra cheese if you want. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes or until they're golden! My oven only took 9 minutes, so be careful. 


I'd recommend checking out the original recipe from here if you want to make these, but don't be afraid to make your own modifications like we did! 

In all, these were a pretty cheap snack to make. All of the supplies were less than $10 total, and we made about 20 bites! We probably could have made more if some of the squares were smaller, so that comes out to 50 cents per pizza bite! Not bad, eh? Perfect for a movie night with friends (we watched Wreck It Ralph!) 

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow these look so yummy!
    You're right, these would be perfect for a movie night snack or maybe as something to bring to a buffet, either way I'll definitely try this out!
    Abbi x

    tellmethenewblack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you make them, let me know how it turns out!

      Amanda

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.