Titlelinks

Monday, June 10, 2013

Spring Skirt Refashion

I love taking meh clothes and making them better. This time it was an old skirt I found in the back of my closet. Fairly certain it's been 6+ years since it's been worn. See what I did after the jump. 


There was nothing physically wrong with the skirt, and it's a cute spring pattern. I was going to give it to Goodwill when my sister Anna mentioned that she'd wear it if I could fix it up.  It's just a little outdated and the ruffle along the bottom had to go. 


Chop! 


Hem! 


Fixed it! 


An update did this skirt a lot of good. It looks great on her, and is perfect for spring/summer! 

Lesson learned: If you have something in your closet that is lacking in the awesome department, don't just give up on it! It can be as quick as taking off some length and fixing the hem. Go for it! 

5 comments:

  1. Looks so cute! I love that first picture with her hair blowing, by the way. :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my Veggie Pancakes post! I peeked a bit at your homepage and you have some really cute stuff. So... I'm your newest follower. Nice to "meet" you!

    Kristin
    www.exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That hair blowing picture was a total accident by the way, it was just windy! : )

      I look forward to more of your posts too!

      Delete
  2. What a great way of making old things in your closet work for you again - I really love that pattern, so fun for summer!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! There may be something else hiding in the back of my closet that needs updating, only time will tell!

      Delete
  3. I totally used to have that skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.