Titlelinks

Thursday, July 18, 2013

A 90's Refashion

I went to the thrift store last week for 25% off Monday! I found these shorts for a couple bucks. They're a really pretty blue, even though you can't tell it from the first picture.  They're a terrible shape though! I feel bad for the person who used to own these.  I could tell they're from the 90's from the tag. Old! 

Gross! 

I ripped out the seam in the crotch. Easy enough! It was a good thing to do while watching tv.  


After that, I drew a line where I wanted to sew the legs together. Fabric chalk is super useful! 


I pinned the legs down where I wanted the new seam to be.


Sewed it down!


I cut off the extra fabric where the legs came together. 


And ta-da! A new skirt! It's straight through the hip and thighs, but really flowy too! It's so light and airy, and perfect for summer. So comfortable and no more 90's shorts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.