Titlelinks

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Manly Canvas?


A few months ago, Rachel and I had an extra canvas lying around and decided to make some art for our friends' Grey and Spencer's new (and pretty bare) house in Clemson. 

It's pretty similar to what I did with this painting, where we taped it off and painted each section a different color. The guys requested manly colors, for obvious reasons. Blue, black, and gray seemed like a good choice to me! 


I made the squares different sizes and painted each square a different color.  I marked a general idea of what color I wanted each square to be. Again, I wanted to make sure different colored squares weren't touching. I left a few squares white where I wanted the newspaper to be.  


Next, Rachel and I cut squares of newspaper to the exact size of a few of the squares and stuck it down with Mod podge. We put a layer of Mod Podge on top to seal it. 


After it dried, we peeled off the tape and voila! Art! I like the colors because it won't look too girly hanging in a guy's house.  The hardest part was waiting for it to dry, or maybe making sure no two colors were touching, but other than that it was easy!



I love simple art projects like this! If you have any idea for more, leave me a comment! This new apartment has some bare walls that need sprucing up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.