Titlelinks

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some pictures from August and a shopping success story.

I went home last weekend for my friends' wedding and also got to see my family! It was pretty great. Mom got me an aloe vera plant to make me feel better about killing another one of my plants. We'll see how long this one lasts... 


A few of my former roomies were at the wedding too! I miss them! 


And Brenden was a groomsmen in the wedding. I managed to snag a picture with him when he wasn't running around causing mischief!


This weekend I explored Old Town Alexandria again with some friends. I went last summer with Brenden too (here!!) but this time we wandered down to the harbor. The weather was so beautiful! I really want to go on a boat now. Any takers? 



Also, can I just brag for a second? I went to Ulta and managed to get $120 worth of stuff for $2.65! Partially through strategy and partially through luck, I think. I saw an ad for a free makeup bag filled with goodies with a purchase of $19.50. It is supposedly valued at $88? I believe it- the brushes alone are like $10 each. Hey, I'll take it! 

The hand soaps were buy 2 get 2 free, so I got 4 of them for $12. I grabbed an eyeliner pencil to push me up to $20 so I could get the makeup bag. I went to the checkout counter and the girl ringing me out said that the soaps technically didn't count toward the $19.50, but when I looked mad and disappointed she gave it to me anyway. Ha! I also had a coupon for $3.50 off $10, and I used my Ulta Rewards points to get me down to $2.65. Muahahah! Success! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.