Titlelinks

Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th - A Scary Refashion!

Happy Friday the 13th! I was sick AND had to get a shot, so I guess you could say mine was pretty unlucky. But I feel much better now! Enough to get a little sewing done!

Okay, so this dress isn't scary like Friday the 13th type scary, but it's scary ugly! Those sleeves! That horrible length! And shoulder pads... and did I mention the sleeves? And that's a whooooole lotta one pattern.  90's church lady anyone?



I didn't take any action shots of my sewing, because I really just wanted to get this one done. It's been sitting on my pile for months now. First thing to go were the shoulder pads. Then the sleeves.  And some of that length had to go too. Show a little leg! 

I cut the neckline down a little too. Isn't breathing great? I stitched the neckline and the arm holes back up, and sewed a new hem on the dress. It was a pretty easy fix! 

 I think it looks pretty cute! The pattern's much more bareable now that there's less of it.  I'm not too crazy about the drop waistline, so I think I'll donate it so someone else can enjoy it. I have enough stuff in my closet- I'd rather someone else get more use out of it : ) The floral print has inspired me though.. maybe I can try to recreate this one? We shall see! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love this so hard. That print is so fantastic, and you seriously turned it from scary to so cute! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a fun one to do. I really hope I can find something else similar that suits me a little better.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.