Titlelinks

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

Guess what! Tuesday is my birthday! (I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22....) And for my present to myself I got a dress form! Fun fact: I always buy myself presents for special occasions; if there's one thing I'm good at, it's spending money. 

I got the Dritz Twin Fit dress form in petite. You know what bothers me though? The regular sized dress forms cost half of what the petite ones do. Shouldn't it be the other way around, since you know, less stuffing and all that? Oh well,  curse my tiny frame. 

The dials on the front are to adjust the measurements. I can use it to make clothes for friends or for my even tinier sisters! I like that it's customizable so I can make my clothes fit juuuuust right, without having to use the ol' pinch and pin method.  I can't wait to get started sewing something! 





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a wonderful gift to yourself.
    I know of someone who has one of these and she sews a lot and makes wonderful outfits for herself and others.
    I knit so I do not need one of these.
    But I do have something in common with you--the same day for a birthday. I will however be quite a bit older than you.
    My wish for you is to enjoy the day and that the joy of the day continues through the year.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a fantastic birthday!!
    And congrats on the dress form- I'm so totally envious! You'll have to let errbody know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! So lame that the petites cost more :(

    I have an adjustable dress form too. When I got tired of looking at all those knobs, I made a cover for it! http://bonnieprojects.blogspot.com/2013/08/cute-dress-form-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I'm very excited and just need to think of my first project with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.