Titlelinks

Friday, October 11, 2013

High Five For Friday!

Happy Friday! This Friday is extra great because a couple of my old roomies Rachel and Melissa are driving to DC today to come visit me! You've probably seen them in a few of my old posts, so you'll understand when I say I'M SO EXCITED! 

In the meantime, here's what went down this week: 


1. I went apple picking! It was great. More pretty pictures in this post. 


2. On Wednesday, I took a tour of NPR's headquarters downtown. They just moved to the building in April and everything was shiny and beautiful and in my unemployed state I really want to get a job there now. 

Clockwise: The big screen in the lobby scrolling through the day's news. // The satellites on the roof putting out a broadcast. // The newsroom floor, where all the world's news comes in - so much excitement! // The recording studio, where the magic happens.  We saw how they plan out some of the shows like Morning Edition. 


3. After our NPR tour we headed to Eastern Market, but first took a detour by the Capitol. I may not like any of the people inside right now, but it's such a pretty building...


4. While in Capitol Hill, we stopped at a cute little espresso/coffee shop called Peregrine Espresso. The mocha you see here was Eamonn's, and I got tea that was full of happiness. It was a magical place. 


5. Yesterday I made my first homemade angel food cake! This is kind of a big deal, because now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever made a cake that didn't come from a box. And angel food cake isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. Luckily, it turned out beautifully (and thankfully I had help) and it was delicious! So now I just have to figure out what to do with a whole cake. Who wants some? 


Like what you see? Click the camera to follow me on Instagram- sometimes I'll post things there that may not show up on the blog, so check it out!

Instagram

Linking up with Lauren for this post! 

 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

2 comments:

  1. Great cake! I've never made one from scratch either. And the NPR offices, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should trying baking a cake from scratch - it's worth it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.