Titlelinks

Monday, November 11, 2013

A day at the US National Arboretum


Yesterday Caitlin and I went on an adventure to the National Arboretum in DC! It was the perfect time to go because all the leaves on the trees were changing and everything was beautiful!

 Also, rather than taking the metro I decided to be brave and drive - we heard it was the easiest way to actually get in the arboretum so that's what we did.  It was my first time driving in DC and it. was. terrifying! I usually just metro because I'm scared of all the crazies on the road, and boy that's for a good reason. It was Sunday so it wasn't even that bad, until my GPS took me through Georgetown on the way home.  Kill me. I don't even know how I'd handle it on a weekday rush hour.... 

Anyway, the arboretum had all sorts of pretty trees, a very Stonehenge-looking area with columns called "The Capitol Columns" and a bonsai garden with tiny trees! The place was expansive though and we didn't even get to see all of it. Here are some pictures from the day:

I've always wanted a tree like that in my backyard


Caitlin enjoying the herb garden

Beautiful walkway in the herb garden

Capitol Columns

This tree was my favorite! It was nearly glowing



Pretty nature

The columns look so greek and fancy, I love it! 


A pretty rose in the bonsai garden

Tiny bonsai trees
 These tiny trees were purposely dwarfed... I didn't read enough of the descriptions to know why, but they had a garden full of them! Too cute, right? This one kind of reminded me of the Tree of Life at Disney World. Yeah?


Beautiful leaves! 

Fun fact: I did zero editing on the picture below. The leaves really were that bright! I love the fall colors.
Red leaves are my favorite.


If flowers had personalities, these would be the hipster flowers. 

Proof that I was actually there. Photo creed: Caitlin

Picturesque little bench 

I love fall! 
So yeah, it was a great time! Everything was beautiful and I love nature and I want to go back and have a picnic. I bet it's so pretty in the spring time! If you're in the DC area  looking for something to do that's not a museum, I highly recommend the arboretum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.