Titlelinks

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weeknight Orecchiette


Now that it's cold and dark outside by 5, the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is cook.  My body just thinks that because it's dark it should be time for bed.  Unfortunately, I still have to eat.  I made this recipe last week, and it made enough for me to eat quite a few meals.  I found it in some "Dinner on a Dime" cookbook I picked up in the checkout line at the grocery store.



You need:

Orecchiette
Sweet or hot italian sausage
Broccoli
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
Parmesean cheese

First, boil the orecchiette (italian for "little ears").  While it's cooking, chop 2 cloves of garlic and add to a skillet with oil, heat for 1 minute.  Remove the sausage from their casings and cook with the garlic until brown, drain. Add the can of diced tomatoes (with juices) and let simmer until the sauce reduces.  Add the cooked pasta and salt to taste.




Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces and add to the pan. I used the Steamfresh broccoli so it was very easy to cook.  The original recipe said to sprinkle freshly grated parmesan over the top, but I mixed quite a bit in with the pasta.  Cheese makes everything better. The whole dish took less than 30 minutes to make, and it was good!





Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.