Titlelinks

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

If you know me at all....



If you know me at all, you should know that funfetti is my favorite flavor of cake, cupcakes or anything at all really. Oh, funfetti is just vanilla with colored pieces you say? WRONG. Those colored bits are magical, so there. I found this recipe from The Dwelling Tree, you can read all about it here

I found all the ingredients (no box mixes for me!) and Mom even let me use her KitchenAid mixer! I want my own KitchenAid mixer sooooo badly (in pink, obviously) but I'll just have to wait and save up my money. 


I didn't have the exact kind of sprinkles that the original recipe used, but I wanted christmas colors, so I used these! I was worried they may not melt quite like they should but they worked fine! 


After I mixed the wet and dry ingredients, I slowly poured in the sprinkles.  Be careful when you do this , you don't want them to get too crushed! The mixer was breaking them up, so I took a spatula and folded them in by hand. 


After that, I rolled the dough into balls.  The recipe says to roll the dough balls in sprinkles again, but I don't think it's really necessary if you poured a lot of sprinkles in the batter. After that, refrigerate for a few hours (not sure why, but I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason) and pop them in the oven. 


Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and voila! Fun cookies.  I'm very happy with the way they turned out - and they have the perfect about of funfetti christmas fun! 

I'm always a little nervous about how baked goods will turn out when I'm making them from scratch but these seemed to do fine. One of my New Year's Resolutions is going to be to make all my baked goods from scratch and quit using boxed mixes.  They're fine in a pinch, but what's the fun in that? I like being able to say I made it all by myself. Feeling inspired yet? Merry Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.