Titlelinks

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Meatless Monday



A few weeks ago, my friend Liz was in town and we decided to cook dinner! Meat is never a necessity in a meal for me, so we decided to make spinach quesadillas! The recipe is from my Dinner on a Dime cookbook.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
10 oz spinach
6 oz feta, crumbled
1/4 black olives
flour tortillas

First, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the onion, cook until softened.

Next, add in the spinach. 10 ounces is a lot! But don't worry, it will shrink down.  My original recipe said to use frozen spinach, which is fine....but I always use fresh spinach.  It takes a while to chop but I do think fresh is always better!


 After it's cooked, transfer it to a bowl and stir in the olives and feta.  Put a few spoonfuls in a tortilla, fold, and heat in a skillet (don't forget to flip it!) until golden brown. Serve immediately, yum!

These are only 339 calories and $1.82 each! We also served it with some cherry tomatoes, sautéed with a little italian seasonings. They were heart enough to be a full meal without any meat and I'd definitely make it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.