Titlelinks

Friday, February 21, 2014

My First Embroidery Project!

I know it's been a while since I last blogged, but I've just been so lacking in inspiration! January is such a let down after Christmas, and the weather lately has been dreadful. BUT! Last week, I bought my first embroidery machine! I've had my sewing machine for a year now, so I thought this would be a great next step.  I got the Brother PE500 machine, one of the most basic in terms of embroidery machines, but it's great for what I want to do.  I also like that it's the same brand as my sewing machine so I can share accessories.  

I spent a few hours on my President's Day holiday figuring out how to work it. My machine came with over 70 pre-loaded designs and 5 fonts, and I also purchased some software from Embrilliance that will allow me to create and edit my own designs. Worth every penny! I'd say to definitely do your research before buying any software- the first one I found was $500! Is that really necessary? I doubt it, if you're just starting out. Luckily Embrilliance had exactly what I need for much cheaper.  

Check out my first project! 


I put this together, uploaded it from my computer in a .pes file to my machine, and set it to stitch. Luckily the machine does everything automatically once it's programmed. It's a dream. 


After the monogram was stitched, I went back and added a frame.  I decided to make it a pocket type decal and sew it on a t-shirt.  This was a tester project, so I just used a old cheap Forever 21 shirt with a crooked seam, that way if I messed up, it didn't matter! 



I probably could have appliqu├ęd it to the shirt also using the embroidery machine, but that might be a little complicated for me right now.  Instead I just sewed it on with my normal sewing machine.  What do you think? I love it! Now I'm going to monogram ALL THE THINGS! I'll start an Etsy shop and get rich and quit my job. Or maybe not. 

I have big things in mind for my next project. I went shopping at the magical land of JoAnn's yesterday and found so many fun things!  Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.