Titlelinks

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easy Strawberry Cobbler


If you're looking for a healthy dessert recipe, stop reading now. 


Okay, for the rest of us... If you want something delicious and life changing, keep on scrolling! This is my mom's strawberry cobbler recipe.  It's also the first thing I made with my new mixer! Here's the recipe: 

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter
1 cup of fruit

First, chop your fruit into bite sized pieces.  You can use frozen or fresh.  And I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to cut a few extra for a snack! 


Next, melt a stick of butter in a 9x13 baking dish.  While that is melting, mix the flour, sugar, and milk in a bowl. Add in the vanilla.  Pour the mixture over the melted butter. Drop in your fruit and spread evenly across the mixture.  


Bake at 350 degrees for an hour. My oven is CRAZY so it only took 30 minutes to bake for me, but just keep an eye on it until it turns golden brown.  Let it cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each comment.